Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Service of the Sea

Where sorrow goes, look to the Light for your comfort.

As I wash upon the shore
Exhausted from my trials
Your unseen hands life me aright. 
My feet may move on because you touched them.
You give life to my steps. 
You illuminate the way for me to follow.

If I choose to go astray
You will send the tide again and again
Until I no longer wish to follow the course
Which leads me to sea
But only the one leading back
To your safe and loving shore.

Nights of darkness and hunger I have known.
My thirst so overwhelmed my every thought
I could no longer remember
Your love or Your light
For I was parched beyond all reason.                               

I was adrift
Day upon day
Year upon year.
No one but You could aid me.

Only the darkness of night gave me reprieve.
For in that silence
I could hear You calling me home.
I could feel the tug of Your love
As sure and as mighty as the rolling sea.

Tides of Your faith in me
Washed over me
Until I was sure of the course I must take.
By the light of Your loving star-filled night
I steered my vessel home.




No comments:

Post a Comment