Thursday, October 28, 2010

Service of the Coral

Within the sorrow of my soul sings a song as yet unvoiced.

When You come to me with angels I will find my expression and all will be set aright.  The ship on the sea finds its way carefully through the fragile dangers seen and unseen.

Never will You vary Your steady hand on the wheel for You know the course before I set my hand on the stern.

Over my shoulder You guide me.  Treacherous waters are parted as the kelp which bends with the flow of the tides.

All my sorrows will be set adrift.

All my pain will have an end for You guide me to joy.

The love of life is renewed in me when You set me on the shore of a new found land.

Discoveries of Your wonders abound.  I only need to step off this vessel to seek joy at every step.

The only way to this promised land is through the purification of trust.  When I cross these waters from my breathing shore to your breathlessly wondrous world I am only sure that love is the compass by which You steer.

As my days fold to an end and my boat rests safely in the harbor You have so lovingly prepared for me, it will be as if I never left.

You showed me the way through thickets unseen.

You took my hand and made steady my course.

Alone, yet not, I came to You and all the angels rejoiced that I had made my journey safely.

Once there I will join in the trumpets which celebrate the new comers to our peaceful land.

I will set those to sea who care to journey and sail the dangerous course.  When they remember who steers them I will join the chorus who cries, “Most Holy!  You have saved me from the coral which sought to entangle me!” 

You have set me free from the clutches of that which would stop my journey back to you.

All the days of my life I will seek your solace.  I will call to You when lost and like the stars and  the sun and the moon You will be my guiding light back to whence I came.

Complete, nourished and learned, I step again on these familiar shores.

I bring my treasures back to you, O Lord of Wonders.  O Magnificent Master, I show with pleasure, that I have learned to love and you exalt me.

Like a weary sailor I collapse at your feet and am given a home again in the warmth of Your eternal land. 

No more wanting or wandering.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment